From: Remy Blank <remy.blank_asps@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: CUPS finds printer disconnected.
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 12:52:51
1 Carl Adams wrote:
2 > Device URI: usb:/dev/usb/lp0
3
4 I don't have a solution for your problem, but a warning for people who
5 rename their printer devices with udev.
6
7 Starting with the latest stable CUPS, when using "usb:/dev/*" device
8 URIs, the device node must be below "/dev/usb", and must be the real
9 device, not a symlink.
10
11 In my case, I had renamed my printer device to "/dev/printers/hplj", and
12 CUPS refused to use it. Even a "/dev/usb/lp0" symlink to it didn't help.
13 So I am now stuck with an ugly "usb://HP/LaserJet%201320%20series"
14 device URI, as auto-detected by CUPS.
15
16 -- Remy
19 Remove underscore and suffix in reply address for a timely response.
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list