From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X Freezes With Firefox on Many Post 2.6.38 Kernels
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 23:53:19
1 On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 7:37 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Pardon me.  My brain passed gas here.  lol  Could it be that my drives file
4 > system has ran out of inodes or whatever they are called?  That may explain
5 > why I can't copy anything to it but it works fine as far as reading goes.
6 >
7 > Thoughts?  How do I check/change it?  Headed to some man pages too.
8
9 Stupid questions:
10 1) Is the filesystem mounted read-only?
11 2) Could the hard drive be in read-only mode? (Used to be there was
12 some flag you could trigger with hdparm to write-protect a hard drive.
13 Never poked that flag myself, I just remember that it was there.)
16 :wq