From: Bhaskar Chowdhury <unixbhaskar@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel config thingy, "make menuconfig"
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 15:19:54
1 On 22:38 Sat 15 Jan 2022, Andrew Lowe wrote:
2 >Dear all,
3 > I'm in the process of fiddling around with the config of my kernel.
4 >This means using the "menu config thingy" that "make menuconfig"
5 >builds. It is very frustrating. Does anyone know why stuff is not in
6 >alphabetical order? It's a pain in the clacka trying to find some of the
7 >entries. For example "Device Drivers -> Android". You would expect it to
8 >be near the top of the device drivers, but no, it's near the bottom.
9 >
10 > No, I'm not expecting anyone to "fix" it, just basically a whinge.
11 >
12 > Andrew
13 >
14
15 Well, I am sure you have noticed and used it ,if and only if, it skips you,
16 then you can press / while on the menu config screen and it will allow you to pinpoint the stuff, you are
17 looking for. Basically ,search operation.
18
19 Bhaskar