From: Thomas Mueller <mueller6724@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Building kernel without messing the kernel source tree
Date: Fri, 14 May 2021 21:12:51
1 from netfab at Fri, 14 May 2021 11:59:37 +0200:
2
3 > Le 14/05/21 à 11:47, Thomas Mueller a tapoté :
4 > > I am looking to compile the Linux kernel and send the work and output
5 > > to another directory, thereby leaving the kernel source tree
6 > > directory clean.
7
8 > You should have a look to KBUILD_OUTPUT environment variable.
9
10 > https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/kbuild/kbuild.html#kbuild-output
11
12 I just looked in Documentation/kbuild/kbuild.txt, and the information was right there.
13
14 I should have noticed it, even though it was mixed in with other environment variables.
15
16 Thanks for pointing it out!
17
18 Tom