From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Amdgpu-pro, anyone?
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2019 10:11:29
1 On Friday, 15 March 2019 16:35:50 GMT Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 12:22 PM Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
3 > wrote:
4 > > Can anyone help me with installing the proprietary amdgpu-pro driver,
5 > > please?
6 > >
7 > > I've downloaded the package from the AMD site; it contains 50-odd .deb
8 > > files and an installation script. I can't use the script directly, of
9 > > course, because it wants to install in a Ubuntu or Steam system.
10 >
11 > I can't vouch for it and the wiki article seems out of date, but the
12 > repo does contain dev-libs/amdgpu-pro-opencl.
13 >
14 > That seems like a good starting point if it is current. The last
15 > update was in Jan, and it appears to use an ubuntu tarball and unpack
16 > one of the deb files.
17
18 Yes, I have that installed already. There's no sign of GPU activity other than
19 as a display driver (as shown by radeonpro). Watching the BOINC log I see
20 numerous requests for GPU jobs by several projects, but none arrive. So I
21 supposed I must have something missing, whence the query.
22
23 I've been through all my projects and made sure they really were all set up to
24 use the GPU. Still no jobs received.
25
26 I'd better take it up with the offending projects - thanks for your help,
27 Rich.
30 Regards,
31 Peter.