From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Fresh install on reboot endless scrolling text
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 17:07:40
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> writes:
2
3 > On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 10:03:37 -0500, Harry Putnam wrote:
4 >
5 >> > You can find this from /var/log/emerge.log, if the install system has
6 >> > genlop installed, you can get a list with
7 >> >
8 >> > genlop -l -f /chroot/path/var/log/emerge.log
9 >>
10 >> Yeah thanks... I knew that... what I meant by `difficult to list
11 >> quickly' was having to boot from install media remount several
12 >> partitions onto /mnt/gentoo, then chroot etc etc.
13 >
14 > You only need to mount the partition containing /var and you don't need
15 > to chroot.
16
17 Yeah unless I want to use tools that are not available on (minimal)
18 install media but are available on my installed os.
19
20 But anyway... just rebooting with install media and getting to the
21 partitions is most of it... but done now and need no more comment.