From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [~and64] Headsup for google-chrome users
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 12:56:14
1 I just wasted some time figuring out this mess:
2
3 I just updated google-chrome, which printed this confusing warning message:
4
5 "CONFIG_USED_NS not seen when it should be"
6
7 First, there's a typo: it should read "CONFIG_USER_NS"
8 ^
9
10 Then, after I figured out that CONFIG_USER_NS is a kernel config item,
11 requiring reinstallation of my kernel, I wasted more time figuring out
12 (for the n'th time) that you shouldn't just change a single kernel config
13 item and do "make" because that shortcut can break important things.
14
15 No, you should do "make clean" first, and then do "make" etc.
16
17 Then, after finishing that mess, you then need to re-install ati-drivers
18 (if you use them) because CONFIG_USER_NS breaks the ati-drivers too.
19
20 So, re-install ati-drivers, reboot, etc, all of which will make you late
21 for work, like I am now :p