From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] libexpat issues
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 21:24:41
1 On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 15:58:52 +1000, Alan E. Davis wrote:
2
3 > I have seen alot of traffic elsewhere about libexpat and the
4 > requirement to re-merge a large number of packages. I have been
5 > trying for a long time to re-merge them one at a time. revdep-rebuild
6 > does not give me a list of packages, and I have to wait for it to fail
7 > on some package, one at a time, then re-install or delete, or whatever
8 > before proceeding.
9 >
10 > Is there anything I can do to shortcut this process?
11
12 Re-emerge fontconfig and XML-Parser and update to the latest gentoolkit.
13 then revdep-rebuild should handle the rest.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down I was
20 convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it.