From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: plasma 5 virtual desktops with different backgrounds and widgets
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 07:07:32
1 On Sat, 9 Apr 2016 13:38:12 -0500
2 »Q« <boxcars@×××.net> wrote:
3
4 [ plasma 5 ]
5 > AIUI now, the closest thing that can be done to get something like
6 > distinct virtual desktops involves setting up different activities and
7 > using the Activity Pager widget to switch between them. Ideally, I
8 > need a simple set of instructions on how to do that, written for the
9 > user (me) to whom activities are a complete mystery. I've searched,
10 > but can't find anything close to that. Does anybody know of a good
11 > resource to help me?
12
13 Never mind about this. I decided to just dig in and play around, since
14 in case I really messed up too badly I could just wipe out all my
15 settings and start over. It's not hard to set up multiple activities,
16 but switching between them and moving windows between them can't be
17 made as convenient as things were with KDE 4.