From: "edwardunix@××××.com" <edwardunix@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nfsmount hangs or reading any file IO error on client,custom kernel on server
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 05:19:35
1 On 11/19/2013 6:57 AM, Ç®ÔóÉ­ wrote:
2 > After much tries. problem sovled.:-) It's a authentication problem.
3 > according to nfs mannual page:
4 > In addition to combining these sideband protocols with the main NFS
5 > protocol, NFS version 4 introduces more advanced
6 > forms of access control, authentication, and in-transit data
7 > protection. The NFS version 4 specification mandates
8 > NFSv4 ACLs, RPCGSS authentication, and RPCGSS security flavors that
9 > provide per-RPC integrity checking and encryption.
10 > Because NFS version 4 combines the function of the sideband protocols
11 > into the main NFS protocol, the new security fea©\
12 > tures apply to all NFS version 4 operations including mounting, file
13 > locking, and so on. RPCGSS authentication can
14 > also be used with NFS versions 2 and 3, but does not protect their
15 > sideband protocols.
16 >
17 > and this
18 > patch:https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.4-rc2/2.6.4-rc2-mm1/broken-out/nfs-simplify-config-options.patch
19 >
20 > nfsv4 need DES and MD5.but in official kernel, the dependency missed,
21 > nor writes"you should say yes to support nfsv4", so I turn it
22 > down.(bad habbit).
23 >
24 > The patch is for 2.6.4, and I wonder why the dependency mistake still
25 > existed. Anyway, probleam solved.
26
27 I'm glad you got it working and thanks for sharing how you solved the issue.
28 I'll keep this in hand when i get a chance to setup my own nfs server.:-)