From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Openoffice dies on startup
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 05:58:45
1 Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2 > I hadn't used it for a month or so. Perhaps it got resentful.
3 > Anyway, recent attempts to start any flavor of OpenOffice have failed
4 > early.
5 >
6 > It does ask about plugins, and whether it shour restore my session,
7 > but shortly after that it simply dies. There's no dialog box,
8 > and nothing obvious in the log files.
9 >
10 > I've done revdep-rebuild, and its clean. Then I re-emerged
11 > openoffice-bin (which is what I use). To no avail.
12 >
13 > Any ideas?
17 Have you upgraded python recently? I upgraded mine a while back and OOo
18 needed to recompile. You may want to run python-updater and check what
19 it says. It may be something else that OOo depends on that needs to
20 recompile. Not real sure since you use the binary version.
21
22 Hope that helps.
23
24 Dale