From: Francesco Talamona <ti.liame@×××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Raid5 not assembled after boot
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 20:46:26
1 On Saturday 19 April 2008, Roy Wright wrote:
2 > Looking thru dmesg and /var/log/messages, it looks like there are no
3 > attempts to start the array until I manually try.
4 >
5 > Any hints on what I'm missing?
6
7 Personal experience:
8
9 1) don't mix raidtools stuff with mdadm, use only the latter (I'm not
10 saying you used raidtools, but I found a lot of misleading
11 documentation lying around)
12
13 2) check carefully the UUID of *all* the partitions, I had exactly the
14 same issue, that I discovered to be caused by a leftover partition that
15 was part of a different raid set (spurious UUID). At some point in the
16 bootup the correct set were disassembled.
17
18 3) evms can badly intefere with mdadm (or it was LVM?): try to modify a
19 partition/raid setup and it always appears busy, preventing any
20 editing.
21
22 HTH
23 Francesco
26 Linux Version 2.6.24-gentoo-r4, Compiled #2 PREEMPT Wed Apr 2 08:07:24
28 One 1GHz AMD Athlon 64 Processor, 2GB RAM, 2004.03 Bogomips Total
29 aemaeth
30 --
31 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list