From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT - which X terminal do you use?
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 07:19:35
1 lordsauronthegreat@×××××.com wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 09 May 2006 02:41 pm, Alexander Skwar wrote:
3 >> Samuel Baldwin wrote:
4 >> > Alexander Skwar wrote:
5
6 >> > It provides a nice
7 >> > change of pace, so that way, when you're running a terminal in X, it
8 >> > doesn't look exactly like the regular shell.
9 >>
10 >> Well - a terminal is something to work with. And this has to
11 >> be functional and not "provide a change of pace".
12 >
13 > Totally. That's why I push YaKuake.
14
15 Do you happen to know if there's something like those "Quake shells"
16 for Gnome as well? It really sounds interesting!
17
18 >> My text color is black, as my background is white, which is, BTW,
19 >> the best to read for the majority of people (if you're not handicapped,
20 >> that is). That's so, because the contrast between the text and the
21 >> background cannot be higher than with black on white (or white on
22 >> black).
23 >
24 > You're using a CRT and a desktop, no doubt.
25
26 You're wrong. I was writing that when I was at home, where I've
27 got a notebook and a LCD. I've got no CRT at home anymore.
28
29 But actually, I don't use bright white (eg. rgb(255,255,255)),
30 but something that's a bit less bright.
31
32 At work, at a CRT, I use bright white though.
33
34 > I don't think there's any setting that
35 > is best,
36
37 Well, yes, you're right. There are settings which are certainly very
38 bad, but a "best for all" - hm, you're right, such a setting might
39 not exist, even for "normal" non-handicapped people.
40
41 Alexander Skwar
42 --
43 It was the most I ever threw up, and it changed my life forever.
44
45 -- Homer Simpson
46 Homer Goes To College
47 --