From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] CUPS and hp OfficeJet Pro
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 13:38:12
1 Hello,
4 I've successfully set up many printers, using cups and HPLIP
5 before. I prefer to use CUPS.
8 So I cannot find an explicit listing for this new model HP printer:
9 "OfficeJet Pro 8500"; so I'm using this driver:
10 HP OfficeJet Pro 1150C.
11
12 Everything works, admin from localhost:631 for CUPS;
13 HP printer admin from the embedded web server (very cool). It
14 has a multitude of settings, but no duplex setting. I'm trying
15 to avoid using the HP disc on an XP system for admin.......
18 The HP literature clearly states this is a duplex printer.
19 I can copy both sides of a letter size document to a single
20 page, just using the menu on the printer. So I can see that
21 it duplexes. So I'm concluding (for now) that the problem
22 is the CUPS (best/closest I could choose) driver does not
23 support Duplex printing.
26 Does anyone know of an HP OfficeJet driver that supports
27 duplex printing? I have not been successful in finding a
28 CUPS drivers specifically for this printer:
29 HP OfficeJet Pro (A909g) and I really do not want to use HPLIP.
32 CUPS-1.4.2-r1 is installed.
33 Any suggestions are most welcome.
34
35 James