From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Finer grained kde*-meta packages
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 01:28:47
1 On Friday 15 June 2007, Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name> wrote
2 about '[gentoo-user] Re: Finer grained kde*-meta packages':
3 > Suppose you've got the following "use case": Install all of
4 > KDE, but leave out PPP stuff.
5 >
6 > How would you solve that?
7
8 Intall all the kde*-meta packages except kde-meta (I want to customize my
9 kde install) and kdenetwork-meta (Specifically, I want to adjust network
10 [ppp] support). Install any packages I need but don't have yet via the
11 split ebuilds.
12
13 Just because kde-meta doesn't satisfy your needs you don't have to forgo
14 using the -meta ebuilds entirely. In your case it will probably be < 30
15 packages you need to install, not > 300.
18 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
19 bss03@××××××××××.net ((_/)o o(\_))
20 ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy `-'(. .)`-'
21 http://iguanasuicide.org/ \_/