From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Online bookmark keeper with good merge routine
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 17:30:06
1 "A. Khattri" <ajai@××××.net> writes:
2
3 > On Wed, 16 Jan 2008, reader@×××××××.com wrote:
4 >
5 >> I've been using sitebar as my online bookmark keeper for quite a while
6 >> but seem to have trouble merging in new bookmarks from multiple
7 >> machines ... what is supposed to be a merge turns into a replace
8 >> operation or so it seems .. but not always.
9 >
10 > What about Google Browser Sync?
11 >
12 > http://www.google.com/tools/firefox/browsersync/
13
14 I've got to report that this appears to be nearly worthless and does
15 nothing like what it claims.
16
17 After installing it on 5 browsers, every time I open a different one I
18 still have a different set of bookmarks. I synced them all several
19 times now... still after using one... and making changes, when I open
20 a different one it is not setup like the last one. Even manually
21 syncing it does not result in the same bookmarks.
22
23 So I guess I'd have to say googles' claims are mostly baloney
27 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list