From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] fstab/mount riddle...how?
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2015 07:02:40
1 Hi,
2
3 ...still fiddling with Linux on my ASUS MeMO Pad 7... ;)
4
5 Current status:
6 SDCard:
7 Back from extFAT (toooooo slllooooooww) to FAT32
8 On this SDCard two file, each 4GB in sizse and formatted ext4
9 One conatins currently the complete Linux (used as chroot environment)
10 The second one contains a copy of /usr (that is, the second image contains /usr -
11 not only its ontents).
12
13 I finally want to get rid of the /usr on the first file to get more
14 space for upgrades, intstallations and such.
15
16 While using the chrooted environment (completly booted from the first
17 file) I did
18
19 mount /dev/sdcard /mnt
20 losetup /dev/loop(x) /mnt/frstfile.img
21 mount /dev/loop(x) /image
22 mount --bind /image/usr /usr
23
24 This way the /usr of the first image file was somehow
25 "knocked off" and the (identical) /usr of the second image
26 file tooks its place.
27
28 It works so far.
29
30 Now the problem:
31 How can I manipulate /etc/fstab (and may be others) in a
32 way that /usr of the second image file permanently replaces
33 /usr of the first image file AND gives me the change to remove
34 /usr of the first image file?
35
36 I want to prevent copying the image files from and to the Android
37 tablet PC and manipulate them "offline" on my PC because its
38 a time eating task and its inconvenient (sorry for being that lazy ;)
41 Thank you very much in advance for any help!
42 Have a nice sunday!!! :)
43 Meino