From: Alberto Luaces <aluaces@×××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ebuild not inserting soname, therefore emerging zlib fails
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 16:31:54
1 Hello,
2
3 I have searched quite a bit for an error I'm having when emerging
4 current zlib-1.2.5-r2. The problem is that somehow the soname is not
5 written in the .so file, and the build process fails. I attach all the
6 build logs in case I have some obvious misconfiguration that I should be
7 aware of. I have not changed my CHOSTS or things like that.
8
9 I recompiled the previous version and happened the same, but it seems
10 at that time not having a soname was not forbidden by the ebuild and I
11 got just a QA notice.
12
13 If I try to compile zlib from the /var/tmp/portage... directory the
14 library compiles fine and, in addition, the soname is included this
15 time. I tried to trace the eclasses in order to know what was happening
16 but I couldn't.
17
18 Thank you,

zlib.logs.tar.bz2 application/octet-stream