From: Robin <diilbert.atlantis@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't browse WinXP shares from gentoo
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 13:14:17
1 Can you login to the share using smbclient ? smbclient //pc_name/share
2 To mount the share I just use mount -t smbfs -o
3 username=user,password=pass //robin/share /mnt/smb And my PC is
4 Windows XP SP2. One think that maybe causing a problem is the Windows
5 Firewall.... It will give you strange errors when trying to connect to
6 shares.
7
8 Also I am not sure but consider looking at the docs if you hav enot
9 already: http://us5.samba.org/samba/docs/using_samba/toc.html
10
11 Hope some of this helps.
12