From: John Jolet <john@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to come back to Mac OS X?
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 20:56:28
1 On Jan 18, 2006, at 2:45 PM, Alessandro Di Rubbo wrote:
2
3 > Hello to everyone,
4 > I've got an Apple iBook (Dual USB) with a Gentoo installation on
5 > it, but now I'm going to sell it and I would restore the original
6 > situation, installing Mac OS 9 and/or Mac OS X.
7 > When I installed Gentoo, I deleted every partion related to Mac OS
8 > because I didn't need them, so now I have only the
9 > Apple_partion_map, the Apple_Bootstrap (where is Yaboot) and an
10 > empty partition (I've already removed my old Gentoo partitions).
11 > I've tried to insert the Mac OS X (v 10.0.1) but the installer is
12 > not able to find any partion (hd): what can I do? Thank you very
13 > much for your help, in advance.
14 >
15 when it boots from the cd, find the hd tools app and run it. you
16 should be able to partition your hd with it. not sure which folder
17 that's in, though.
18
19 > Alessandro
20 > --