From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] (Newbie)Emerge Problem
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 22:06:24
1 On Saturday 24 December 2005 14:19, Sumeet Pal Singh wrote:
2 > More on this, I am currently running ubuntu,
3 > when I do the same thing in it, *wget does not work but apt-get works.*
4 > To get wget to work I have to do in addition to exporting is
5 > wget --proxy-user=spsingh --proxy-passwd=passwd http://whatever.whatever
6 >
7 > Please help me. I wish so much to try gentoo out. Is there a way to check
8 > if emerge works without having to go through half of installation so that I
9 > do not have to waste time again.
10
11 Look at the "Fetching files" of /etc/make.conf
14 Mike Williams
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list