From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hard to find netiquette, enculturation bug. (Was: Re: [gentoo-user] GNOME: Cant logout and Lock Screen is showing different background from GNOME screensaver)
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 04:39:38
In Reply to: Re: [gentoo-user] Hard to find netiquette, enculturation bug. (Was: Re: [gentoo-user] GNOME: Cant logout and Lock Screen is showing different background from GNOME screensaver) by Willie Wong
1 Willie Wong wrote:
2 > On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 09:16:05PM -0600, Penguin Lover Dale squawked:
3 >
4 >> This is my two cents. Since when someone comes here and posts a html
5 >> message they get told not to use html anyway, why not let them know
6 >> beforehand that html is not the "norm" on this list? I don't think it
7 >> would hurt to put that on the website where the mailing lists subscribe
8 >> info is and also in the email that confirms the subscription. I
9 >> wouldn't mind seeing that part in bold or something in the email to make
10 >> sure it is seen. I suspect this would solve a lot of problems in the
11 >> long run.
14 > Uh... so how will you put something in "bold" in an e-mail without
15 > HTML? And if you do use HTML, is it not hypocritical to tell the
16 > users, in bold nontheless, that they should not?
17 >
18 > ;p
19 >
20 > W
23 Well, just do this. *list netiquette* If I recall correctly, if the
24 person is set up to get html, that will be in bold. If it is text only
25 then they just see the *'s. I have noticed in the past that mine has
26 done this so I guess some other clients would too. Maybe I am just
27 unique. ;-)
28
29 Sweet huh? lol I'm sure there are other ways to do this to tho. More
30 than one way to skin a cat in this situation. All the gurus around here
31 should be able to come up with something.
32
33 Dale
34