From: Douglas J Hunley <doug.hunley@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] uevent_helper on kernel 3.16.5-gentoo
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 14:13:38
1 On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 7:47 AM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > It's a legacy setting, introduced so you can turn off this feature.
3 > Presumably it defaults to Y for compatibility but I've been following the
4 > advice and running without it for some time now - on desktops and servers.
5
6
7 Do you run a modular kernel or compile everything in? I do the latter,
8 and on 3.17.0 turning this off caused the b43 firmware for my wifi
9 card to not load. I'll give you that 3.17.0 has other issues, but..
10
11 --
12 Douglas J Hunley (doug.hunley@×××××.com)
13 Twitter: @hunleyd Web: