From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /usr/src/linux gone
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 10:14:53
1 On Sunday 13 March 2011 09:34:31 Arttu V. wrote:
2 > On 3/12/11, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 > > when I got an error saying that /boot was mounted read-only. On
4 > > investigating, I found that everything I'd put on those two disks had
5 > > disappeared, as though in a puff of smoke. All that was left was the
6 > > underlying partition layout, but with no content. Vanished, without
7 > > trace, just like your kernel tree.
8 >
9 > Are we seeing a pattern emerging? Were you possibly installing an
10 > ~arch system? And using ext4 or btrfs on the partitions? And emerged
11 > coreutils-8.10 as well?
12
13 It would be nice to think it was that easy, but no, it was straight amd64
14 with coreutils 8.7.
17 Rgds
18 Peter