From: Lanikai <samotna.wisnia@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can I create "dynamic" link?
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 23:03:59
1 On 08/10/2010 11:06 PM, Jarry wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I am facing this problem: I have subdirectory, let's say
4 > "/some/dir". I would like to create some kind of "dynamic"
5 > and "preliminary" link, so that any future subdirectories,
6 > created later in /some will in fact be links, pointing to
7 > /some/dir.
8 >
9 > So if later any user does:
10 > cd /some
11 > mkdir whatever
12 >
13 > There should not be subdirectory /some/whatever, but actually link:
14 > /some/whatever -> /some/dir
15 >
16 > Is it possible?
17 >
18 > Jarry
19 >
20 Hello,
21
22 this is probably not an answer for your question but... You can achieve
23 this in different way - write small script and after this use some
24 program (for example cron) which will execute that script every few
25 seconds/minutes. The script may remove every empty directory located in
26 /some (excluding /some/dir) and create a link to it.
27
28 Regards, Paul.