From: Ernie Schroder <schroder@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mouse won't scroll anymore
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 22:58:14
1 Sure.
2
3 Section "InputDevice"
4
5 # Identifier and driver
6
7 Identifier "Mouse1"
8 Driver "mouse"
9 # Option "Protocol" "auto"
10 Option "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
11 Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
12 # Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
13 Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
14
15 # When using XQUEUE, comment out the above two lines, and uncomment
16 # the following line.
17
18 # Option "Protocol" "Xqueue"
19
20 # Baudrate and SampleRate are only for some Logitech mice. In
21 # almost every case these lines should be omitted.
22
23 # Option "BaudRate" "9600"
24 # Option "SampleRate" "150"
25
26 # Emulate3Buttons is an option for 2-button Microsoft mice
27 # Emulate3Timeout is the timeout in milliseconds (default is 50ms)
28
29 # Option "Emulate3Buttons"
30 # Option "Emulate3Timeout" "50"
31
32 # ChordMiddle is an option for some 3-button Logitech mice
33
34 Option "ChordMiddle"
35
36 EndSection
37
38 Hope it helps. Note that it works on the Trackman Marble Wheel, but not on my
39 Trackman Wheel. Auto protocol didn't work on any of the 3 mice
40
41 On Tuesday 29 November 2005 05:24 pm, a tiny voice compelled Christoph Eckert
42 to write:
43 > Hi,
44 >
45 > > Damn! I thought I had tried all of your suggestions Richard. Changing
46 > > the protocol to ExplorerPS/2 has done the trick. Thanks for all of
47 > > your help.
48 >
49 > @Ernie: Could you please post the relevant device section you use? Just
50 > for my personal interest.
51 >
52 > @Richard: Let's stop here, I will figure it out for sure if I have time
53 > to read and learn a bit more about X configuration. But thanks a bunch
54 > for the help, of course!
58 > Best regards
61 > ce
62
63 Sure.
64
65 Section "InputDevice"
66
67 # Identifier and driver
68
69 Identifier "Mouse1"
70 Driver "mouse"
71 # Option "Protocol" "auto"
72 Option "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
73 Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
74 # Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
75 Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
76
77 # When using XQUEUE, comment out the above two lines, and uncomment
78 # the following line.
79
80 # Option "Protocol" "Xqueue"
81
82 # Baudrate and SampleRate are only for some Logitech mice. In
83 # almost every case these lines should be omitted.
84
85 # Option "BaudRate" "9600"
86 # Option "SampleRate" "150"
87
88 # Emulate3Buttons is an option for 2-button Microsoft mice
89 # Emulate3Timeout is the timeout in milliseconds (default is 50ms)
90
91 # Option "Emulate3Buttons"
92 # Option "Emulate3Timeout" "50"
93
94 # ChordMiddle is an option for some 3-button Logitech mice
95
96 Option "ChordMiddle"
97
98 EndSection
99
100 Hope it helps. Note that it works on the Trackman Marble Wheel, but not on my
101 Trackman Wheel. Auto protocol didn't work on any of the 3 mice
104 Regards, Ernie
105 100% Microsoft and Intel free
106
107 17:37:08 up 3:23, 5 users, load average: 0.73, 0.63, 0.38
108 Linux 2.6.5-gentoo-r1 i686 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2400+
109 --
110 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list