From: Bastian Balthazar Bux <BastianBalthazarBux@×××××××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] init.d/net* scripts fail with baselayout-1.11.7-r2
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 00:41:50
1 Iain Buchanan wrote:
2
3 >recently I updated my system, including the baselayout update to
4 >baselayout-1.11.7-r2. However, when the system boots I get a message
5 >from net.lo along the lines of
6 >
7 >missing function: interface_variable
8 >
9 >and all net devices, and everything that depends on net, fails to start.
10 >
11 >So I added an empty interface_variables function in /etc/init.d/net.lo,
12 >and then I get a message about missing interface_device, so I added that
13 >as well.
14 >
15 >This gets net.lo up, and hence the scripts that depend on it, but there
16 >are lots of other complaints and net.eth0 doesn't start:
17 >
18 >/lib/rcscripts/net.modules.d/iptunnel: line 56: interface_type: command
19 >not found
20 >
21 >and:
22 >/lib/rcscripts/net.modules.d/dhcpcd: line 128: clean_pidfile: command
23 >not found
24 > * dhcpcd is already running on eth0
27 >I have to do ifconfig, route, and resolv.conf manually...
28 >
29 >What's going on? This has been happening for a day or so, but I haven't
30 >seen anything on bugzilla or the archives, so is it just me? Any help
31 >would be greatly appreciated.
32 >
33 >TIA
36 do you have this file "/lib/rcscripts/net.modules.d/helpers.d/functions" ?
37 that function is defined there AFACS
38
39 I also had some problem installing in theese days but baselayout it's ok
40 for me
45 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list