From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Purchase and setup of monitor calibration device
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 15:36:25
1 On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 7:48 AM, Franz Fellner <alpine.art.de@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > You maybe want to have a look at ColorHug:
4 > http://www.hughski.com/
5 > I don't own one, but it should work just fine.
8 I'm still not sure if I feel the need greatly enough to invest in one,
9 but this looks like a very nice solution. They offer a LiveCD which
10 you can use to just create an icc file which you can save to media or
11 they have a free pastebin-like site that you can post them to for a
12 week to retrieve after you reboot into your main OS. That means you
13 can trivially use this solution on numerous computers without
14 installing drivers/etc or worrying about compatibility. I'm sure
15 getting it working natively on Gentoo wouldn't be a big deal either.
16
17 For $100 it doesn't seem like a bad deal. It does look like you have
18 to take care of the import side yourself (I've never actually done
19 that which is ironic since I've spent the last two years working on a
20 system for automating corporate import declarations - I imagine the
21 courier will handle it for a fee - I doubt the duties are much). I
22 guess they don't just do what all the cheap Amazon vendors do and
23 stamp "gift" on the outside of the package.
26 Rich