From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox PDF integration
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 23:48:47
1 Grant wrote:
2 > How do you get firefox to open a PDF file instead of trying to
3 > download it? The only plugins listed in about:plugins are
4 > s-shockwave-flash and futuresplash. I do have acroread and gpdf
5 > installed.
6
7 There is also a thing called mozplugger that allows to embed XPDF in a
8 firefox window/tab, just like acroread.
9
10 I use it on the Debian box I have at work, I still haven't installed it
11 in my Gentoo box at home.
12
13 > Incidentally, which PDF viewer do you like best out of those in portage?
14
15 kpdf, definitely.
16
17 m.