From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] make -j 4 recoverable ?
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 06:51:25
1 Hi,
2
3 On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 03:43 +0100, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
4
5 > With "make -j 4", which I could add to the make flags, compiling is a
6 > lot faster. But some packages may fail to compile.
7
8 an answer has already been posted (have to be quick round here :) but I
9 thought I'd add:
10
11 If the package fails with MAKEOPTS="-j4" but works with MAKEOPTS="-j1",
12 then please file a bug.
13
14 This way, the devs can either fix it, or force the offending ebuild to
15 use -j1, so other people don't have the same problem.
16 --
17 Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list