From: darren kirby <bulliver@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE & Gentoo Watcher
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 20:01:21
1 quoth the Craig Duncan:
2 > During an upgrade of KDE the applet Gentoo Watcher was installed.
3 > Although the information may be useful, I find this applet really
4 > annoying and I have not found a way to remove it permanently. Could
5 > someone point me to the correct config file or Control panel page to
6 > stop this aplet from starting.
7 >
8 > Thanks
9
10 I had this problem, it pops up a window saying "Start Gentoo watcher at every
11 session" or somesuch, but even when you click "no" it starts again anyway
12 right?
13
14 I think this is KDE session restore that is doing this. Fire up a console and
15 kill the process manually (I think it is called "guitoo"), then logout, and
16 back in to KDE. Is it gone?
17
18 -d
19 --
20 darren kirby :: Part of the problem since 1976 :: http://badcomputer.org
21 "...the number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected..."
22 - Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, June 1972