From: Mark David Dumlao <madumlao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] eix shows keyworded packages on home PC, but not on server
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 17:08:14
1 On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 11:51 PM, Bill Longman <bill.longman@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > The profile affects the default USE settings. This is a very important
3 > Gentoo concept.
4
5 emerge --info eix on both machines:
6
7 PC:
8 app-portage/eix-0.20.5 was built with the following:
9 USE="bzip2 (multilib) nls sqlite -debug -doc -hardened -optimization
10 -strong-optimization -tools"
11 LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1"
12
13 server:
14 app-portage/eix-0.20.5 was built with the following:
15 USE="bzip2 nls sqlite -debug -doc -hardened -optimization
16 -strong-optimization -tools"
17 LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1"
20 The only difference between the USE flags of both machines is that my
21 local eix was built with multilib. I don't know any documentation
22 references that say how that should affect eix output settings, which
23 shouldn't be related.
24
25 Just to clarify, emerge detects that the packages are keyworded on
26 both machines. It's just not being outputted by eix. And there's no
27 reason why multilib should cause eix to change the output settings.
28 --
29 This email is:    [ ] actionable   [ ] fyi        [ ] social
30 Response needed:  [ ] yes          [ ] up to you  [ ] no
31 Time-sensitive:   [ ] immediate    [ ] soon       [ ] none