From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Google Earth: Masked?
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 20:08:57
1 On 6/15/06, Aaron <venom@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Thursday 15 June 2006 07:01, Nico Schümann wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > yesterday I read that Google Earth had been released. I did an emerge and
6 > > everything worked as expected - except the speed, but the graphic driver is
7 > > to blame (missing OpenGL support). So why is Google Earth masked?
8 > > Has anyone any problems with Google Earth?
9 > >
10 > > Nico Schümann
11 >
12 > I am running google earth without any problems. Its cool that they finally
13 > came out with a Linux version.
16 Yep. It's running here on two machines. The X86 machine has DRI and
17 runs great. On my AMD64 I haven't figured out DRI yet so I get some
18 messages about needing it, but it still runs and is not too slow.
19
20 Guess I need to finally figure out this DRI stuff! ;-)
21
22 - Mark
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list