From: "Rafael Fernández López" <info@××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] X.org 7, when is it gonna be unmasked ??
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 10:40:36
1 I'm following X.org 7. I have an ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9700, and it is said
2 that X.org 7 will have a magical driver, free (as in free speech...), and It
3 will work better than ati-drivers. I don't like to install masked packages
4 because of security... reasons, when will be it unmasked ??
5
6 It will be possible to enable direct rendering (for xcompmgr usage).
7
8 But I want to say something... from my point of view... why it is needed
9 direct acceleration from the video card for an app such as xcompmgr ?? I
10 mean, translucency, shadows... that's not Quake 4. I can't understand how my
11 processor cannot handle it, and why X.org needs DRI for this reason.
12
13 Thanks,
14 Rafael Ferńandez López.
15 --
16 A la vista de suficientes ojos todos los errores resultan evidentes - Linus
17 Torvalds