From: Statux <statux@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Loss of VT switching capabilities after Gnome 2.16 upgrade
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 00:23:10
1 I'm sure this has been tackled before elsewhere but after my upgrade to
2 Gnome 2.16 I lost the ability to use the CTRL+ALT+F1 (F2, F3, ...)
3 sequence to switch out of X so I can flip to other VTs. Ideas?
4
5 Also, while I'm at it, since the upgrade, I've been having problems with
6 something on the lines of gnome-settings-daemon. When starting X, gnome
7 starts up and I immediately get an issue with this daemon which makes
8 reference to something relating to dbus and Bonobo in another place. It
9 warns about potential theme/settings problems which make sense because
10 things look a little dry, here (it has a big-java-applet feel). I've
11 recompiled everything and checked all reverse dependencies. The only
12 other thing I can try might be to move my ~/.gnome2 stuff out of the way
13 and let it recreate the directory+configs manually.
14
15 Again, ideas?
16
17 Thanks.