From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] autounmask not doing to well
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 02:59:02
1 Hi folks,
2
3 The latest KDE 4.5.1 has hit the tree. It made it there a few days
4 ago. Yeppie!! It is masked but I wanted to try to install it again.
5 The last time was a mess to say it lightly. I use autounmask to unmask
6 it. I use this command:
7
8 autounmask kde-base/kde-meta-4.5.1
9
10 I don't use the -n option but it doesn't seem to matter even if I do.
11 I'm on portage-2.2_rc67 and autounmask-0.27 which is the only version I
12 see in the tree. After I run autounmask and then do a emerge -uvDNa
13 world, I get this:
14
15 root@smoker / # emerge -uvDNa world
16
17 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
18
19 Calculating dependencies... done!
20
21 emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy
22 ">=kde-base/kdelibs-9999[-kdeprefix,-aqua]".
23 (dependency required by "kde-base/liboxygenstyle-9999" [installed])
24 (dependency required by "kde-base/kdebase-meta-4.5.1" [ebuild])
25 (dependency required by "kde-base/kde-meta-4.5.1" [ebuild])
26 (dependency required by "@world" [argument])
27
28 root@smoker / #
29
30 If I add that kdelibs package to the unmask file, it just goes to the
31 nest blocker and this continues until I get the idea something is not
32 working right. So, is autounmask not working right? Am I not doing
33 something right? Am I missing something?
34
35 Oh, I don't currently have any overlays on here. I waited until it hit
36 the tree and had a couple days to settle down.
37
38 Thanks for any insight on this.
39
40 Dale