From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] autounmask not doing to well
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 02:59:02
Hi folks,

The latest KDE 4.5.1 has hit the tree.  It made it there a few days
ago.  Yeppie!!  It is masked but I wanted to try to install it again.
The last time was a mess to say it lightly.  I use autounmask to unmask
it.  I use this command:

autounmask kde-base/kde-meta-4.5.1

I don't use the -n option but it doesn't seem to matter even if I do.
I'm on portage-2.2_rc67 and autounmask-0.27 which is the only version I
see in the tree.  After I run autounmask and then do a emerge -uvDNa
world, I get this:

root@smoker / # emerge -uvDNa world

Calculating dependencies... done!

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy
">=kde-base/kdelibs-9999[-kdeprefix,-aqua]".
(dependency required by "kde-base/liboxygenstyle-9999" [installed])
(dependency required by "kde-base/kdebase-meta-4.5.1" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "kde-base/kde-meta-4.5.1" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "@world" [argument])

root@smoker / #

If I add that kdelibs package to the unmask file, it just goes to the
nest blocker and this continues until I get the idea something is not
working right.  So, is autounmask not working right?  Am I not doing
something right?  Am I missing something?

Oh, I don't currently have any overlays on here.  I waited until it hit
the tree and had a couple days to settle down.

Thanks for any insight on this.

Dale

:-)  :-)