From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Bluez hcid.conf syntax
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 20:45:33
1 Hi list!
2
3 I have a minor problem:
4
5 I recently bought a Microsoft Presenter Mouse (I know, shame on me, but
6 it's the only affordable device with this kind of functionality).
7
8 So far, it works as expected:
9 - it works out of the box with the Microsoft dongle
10 - it works with my normal bluetooth adapter with some fine tuning (see
11 below)
12 - its special keys will need some additional configuration
13
14 However, there is one problem: It only works with deactivated
15 authentication and encryption. This is no problem by itself: You can
16 activate and deactivate these options in /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf on a
17 per-device basis but for some reason this doesn't seem to work:
20 [...]
21
22 # Default settings for HCI devices
23 device {
24 [...]
25 auth enable;
26 encrypt enable;
27 }
28
29 device 00:1D:D8:35:C4:39 {
30 name “Microsoft Wireless Notebook Presenter Mouse 8000”;
31 auth disable;
32 encrypt disable;
33 }
34
35 When I use this configuration I'm asked for a PIN for the connection,
36 which - naturally - doesn't work. When I disable auth and encrypt for
37 all devices, it works.
38
39 Have I misunderstood the syntax for this file?
40
41 Thanks in advance!
42
43 Florian Philipp