From: "Jc García" <jyo.garcia@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [systemd] Is this a NetworkManager bug?
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 12:41:39
1 2014-10-14 16:54 GMT-06:00 Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com>:
2 > On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 5:48 PM, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > [ snip ]
4 >> Lots of great information, thanks. What I learned while following up
5 >> on your hints is that the NM behavior I thought was a bug is merely
6 >> a feature ;)
7 >>
8 >> After boot, but before startx, wlan0 exists but is not properly set
9 >> up. After X is running I can use the nm-applet to click on the name
10 >> of my wireless network and *then* NM runs dhcpcd to configure wlan0
11 >> and set up the routing table. It works, but I need to do that manually
12 >> after every boot, not really optimal for my purpose.
13 >
14 I had this problem, but, with a Ethernet connection, I wanted NM to
15 connect it via dhcp at boot, but didn't happen, and the same as you,
16 once logged-in just 2 clicks and the connection worked, after digging
17 a little the configs, I found, somehow this line got into my
18 /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf
19 no-auto-default=p2p1
20 I removed that and now It works as it should, maybe something like
21 this is your problem.
22
23 > I've seen this behavior before (that you need to manually "enable" the
24 > wireless connection), but never on my machines. On my two wireless
25 > systems (laptop and desktop), NM enables the connection by default. I
26 > don't think I did anything special for this to happen, it just does.
27 >
28 >> I tried Neil's suggestion to use systemd-networkd and it works perfectly
29 >> for this (desktop) machine. (BTW enabling systemd-networkd also pulls
30 >> in systemd-timesyncd, which works great, just as you said.)
31 >
32 > Good to know.
33 >
34 > Regards.
35 > --
36 > Canek Peláez Valdés
37 > Profesor de asignatura, Facultad de Ciencias
38 > Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
39 >