From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gstreamer
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 07:56:21
1 On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 22:44:15 -0600, Ted Ozolins wrote:
2
3 > I have both gstreamer-0.8 and -0.10 on my system. -0.8 is no longer in
4 > portage. Revdep-rebuild complains about several packages as broken and
5 > require gstreamer-0.8. I tried following:
6 > > http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Troubleshooting_Gstreamer
7 >
8 > Can I emerge -C =media-libs/gstreamer-0.8 without borking my system?
9
10 As it is no longer in portage, copy the ebuild from /var/db/pkg to your
11 overlay, then quickpkg it before you unmerge anything.
12
13 It will only have been removed for portage if nothing else in there
14 depends on it, so unmerge it (after doing the above) then run
15 revdep-rebuild followed by emerge -uavD world.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 MS-DOS: if you believe in a flat Earth, this is the OS for you.