From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Symlinking out of a chroot
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 16:28:29
1 Hi,
2
3 On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 09:56:31 -0500
4 Brian Davis <bridavis@×××××××.net> wrote:
5
6 > I will be running my apache2 server in a chroot. Most of my data for the
7 > server (e.g. pictures, user webpages) are on another partition from my
8 > chroot. I don't want to move all that data into the apache chroot if I
9 > don't have to. Therefore I would have soft symlinks from the chroot to
10 > the data. Does this effectively make the chroot worthless?
11
12 No, the links just wouldn't work. But you can
13 "mount --bind /source /chroot/target" them.
14
15 -hwh
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list