From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] texlive-2011 upgrade headsup
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 15:29:03
1 Hi list,
2
3 Just a minor glitch I ran into in upgrading texlive-2010 to
4 texlive-2011, I am not sure how reproducible this is, so I am posting
5 it here instead of filing a bug, just in case someone else runs into
6 the same problem. It is likely that this problem won't occur at all
7 for those not using the cjk option.
8
9 Problem:
10 When issuing 'emerge --update texlive', the emerge chokes on the
11 package 'dev-texlive/texlive-latex'. Checking the logs reveal that
12 during compile it tries to load 'loadhyphen-zh-latn.tex' which
13 does not exist on the system.
14
15 Solution:
16 'emerge --oneshot texlive-langcjk' first. One of the config file
17 updates with the 2011 version of that package changes the filename
18 to load to 'loadhypher-zh-latn-pinyin.tex', which does exist on
19 the system.
20
21 Cheers,
22
23 W
24 --
25 Willie W. Wong wwong@××××××××××××××.edu
26 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
27 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton