From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How many GB for / partition?
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 12:48:48
1 On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 13:19:21 +0100, Izar Ilun wrote:
2
3 > I'm installing Gentoo and I'd like you to suggest me how much disc
4 > space I should use for /.
5
6 That depends on what you are going to put on it. Will /usr or /var be on
7 it? They use most of the space. 10GB will be plenty. I have / or a 300MB
8 partition and /usr and /var on an 8GB partition, with plenty of free
9 space.
10
11 The place you need lots for free space are for portage's $DISTDIR and
12 $PORTAGE_TMPDIR, on /usr and /var by default but you can put them
13 anywhere.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Windows to 486/50 mhz cpu: Don't rush me, don't rush me...