From: Chuhao Zeng <chuhao.zeng@×××××××××××××.ca>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] GSoC 2019 Self Intro
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2019 20:17:37
1 Dear All
2
3 Hi, I am a third year Computer Science student at University of Toronto and I have two and half year programming experience in C.
6 I am interested in the idea "Atom Gentoo" of building a stateless OS based with Gentoo. Based on the inspirations, I think this idea will mainly focus on building or updating an existing file system, please correct me if I am wrong. Are we supposed to improve the performance of the existing one or do we need to implement file system with a better design ? I will appreciate any suggestions and advices.
10 I had previous experience in programming Linux kernel like building filesystem based on ext2 which supports storing and deleting and restoring files and directories, managing virtual memory and playing around with system calls using C.
14 Best
15
16 Chuhao Zeng