From: dhk <dhkuhl@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] mplayer and fontconfig
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 17:10:31
1 I recently started using tovid again and it seems to be having a lot of
2 problems with the programs it uses. The last time I used it was in
3 November and all worked well.
4
5 First there was a problem with libGL.so.1, it didn't seem to be on my
6 system. ldd `which mplayer` said it wasn't found. After making a link
7 (which I'm not sure is the correct fix) /usr/lib/libGL.so.1 now links to
8 the /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so file. This got me a little further with tovid.
9
10 Second tovid now complains when it runs mplayer. The error is:
11 The fontconfig option can't be used in a config file.
12 Error parsing option fontconfig=1 at line 132
13 Warning unknown option subfont-osd-scale at line 133
14 Warning unknown option subfont-text-scale at line 134
15
16 The /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf file has fontconfig=1 in it. If I leave
17 this value tovid's mplayer command fails and if I use mplayer for
18 something else it doesn't work. If I comment out fontconfig=1 the tovid
19 mplayer command hangs, but then I can use mplayer to play videos.
20
21 Any help is greatly appreciated.
22
23 Thanks,