From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hard drive storage questions
Date: Tue, 05 May 2015 12:22:01
1 On Tue, 5 May 2015 13:05:55 +0100, Mick wrote:
2
3 > During a backup of a home directory I noticed loads of Chromium and
4 > Firefox crash/recovery files being copied over. However, I don't know
5 > if this is a btrfs problem, or the fact that I had to forcefully shut
6 > down KDE once or twice recently, because the desktop would not
7 > logout/shutdown normally.
8
9 Chromium saves its open tabs and reopens them after a reboot, even if it
10 is shut down forcibly.
11
12 > The fsck which ran when the machine rebooted did not revealed any
13 > problems. Is there a different recommended way for checking for fs
14 > errors?
15
16 btrfs check - it needs the filesystem to be unmounted and has a repair
17 option.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 Do you steal taglines too?