From: Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: gcc upgrade from 3.x to 4.x, when should I run revdep-rebuild?
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 19:52:08
1 Marc Blumentritt wrote:
2 > Dale schrieb:
3 >
4 >> Marc Blumentritt wrote:
5 >> I did that too. I'm not sure if it is just me or what but every time I
6 >> run revdep-rebuild it wants to emerge gcc again. It did the same thing
7 >> before the gcc upgrade. If you run it, you may want to post to make
8 >> sure it is making sense. After three runs, I said forget it. It'll
9 >> just have to keep. I read somewhere it was a bug. I dunno.
12 > Did you remove the temporary files of revdep-rebuild from /root?
13 >
14 > I had no problems with the upgrade and running revdep-rebuild afterward.
15 > In fact, revdep-rebuild showed me no package at all to rebuild, which
16 > was what I expected.
17 >
18 > Cheers
19 > Marc
23 I remove those each time. It is sort of a habit now. I run it on
24 occasion especially if I remove something. Just to make sure.
25
26 Dale
27
29 --