From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: dlna &amp; Gentoo
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 09:01:33
1 On 29 Jan 2010, at 15:14, James wrote:
2 > Iain Buchanan <iaindb <at> netspace.net.au> writes:
3 > ...
4 > Exactly what I'm afraid. If I have to roll my own, I guess
5 > I'll just by the version( Yamaha RX-V1900) without ethernet and
6 > load up a Gentoo PC with sound cards that splice from the mixer
7 > to all of the components and amplifiers.....
8
9 I think you want to have a word with this guy:
10
11 http://www.vimeo.com/1878837
12
13 I'm unclear what the tuner gives you that you can't get with a PCI
14 tuner card in a Gentoo box, MediaTomb and some work. The video shows
15 streaming of Internet radio.
16
17 As I understand the purpose of a conventional hi-fi tuner, it's to
18 receive over-the-air conventional radio, and it seems to be this
19 streaming of Internet radio that is an extra feature of this
20 advertised tuner (although I only glanced at the Yamaha's
21 specification, as I'm not qualified to understand it).
22
23 However with a tuner card one could additionally receive digital radio
24 via DVB-T or DVB-S.
25
26 All this could be managed via web-interface on a DIY Gentoo box.
27 Alternatively Silverstone offer computer cases with big dials &
28 buttons on the front.
29
30 Stroller.