From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Flexibility and robustness in the Linux organisim
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 21:05:56
1 On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 09:40:45PM +0200, pk wrote
2
3 > If *something1* at boot time requires access to *something2* at boot
4 > time that isn't available then I would say that *something1* is broken
5 > by design not the *something2*.
6
7 What about the case where *something2* *USED TO BE AVAILABLE, BUT HAS
8 BEEN MOVED TO /USR* ?
9
10 > So I would argue that devs relying on /usr always being there have
11 > broken the "system".
12
13 So I would argue that unnecessarily moving stuff into /usr is
14 deliberate sabotage, designed to break *something1*.
17 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
18 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications