From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Power Drain during Suspend to Disk
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 12:14:20
1 On Fri, 2008-02-08 at 08:22 +0100, Thomas Kahle wrote:
2
3 > > What happens if you suspend to disk, then take the battery out for a few
4 > > minutes or more - can you resume? (put it back in of course)
5 > Yes it does come back. I have to see if there it is eating battery after
6 > putting it back in. Probably not, I think just something is not turned
7 > of when going to sleep...
8
9 well, AFAIK suspend and poweroff both actually power off the same way,
10 so I don't understand why this only happens when you suspend. The only
11 difference I can see is that in one case you unload modules and call
12 init stop scripts. Perhaps unload the network module or stop a few
13 scripts before suspending and see what happends.
14
15 So, what can drain power while turned off? There's WOL, WOM, and ? Did
16 you check that these wake up features are turned off in the BIOS?
17
18 HTH,
22 What causes the mysterious death of everyone?
25 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list