From: waltdnes@××××××××.org
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anybody want to beta test Gentoo with mdev instead of udev?
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 20:18:52
1 On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 02:44:58PM +0700, Pandu Poluan wrote
2
3 > However, my Gentoo systems are all virtual servers (DomU VMs on XenServer).
4 > So, the hardware devices are static. Will switching over to mdev give any
5 > benefits?
6 >
7 > I even am toying around with the idea of having a completely static /dev,
8 > but still can't find any guide/pointers yet.
9 >
10 > (Apologies if my email is OOT)
11
12 The more scenarios we can test, the better. mdev might shave a second
13 or two off the VM's bootup time, versus udev.
16 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>